HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / May 15, 2019 / Cub Energy Inc. ('Cub' or the 'Company') (TSX-V: KUB), a Ukraine-focused upstream oil and gas company, announced today its unaudited interim financial and operating results for the three months ended March 31, 2019. All dollar amounts are expressed in United States Dollars unless otherwise noted. This update includes results from KUB-Gas LLC ('KUB-Gas'), which Cub has a 35% equity ownership interest, Tysagaz LLC ('Tysagaz'), Cub's 100% owned subsidiary and CNG LLC ('CNG'), which Cub has a 50% equity ownership interest.
Mikhail Afendikov, Chairman and CEO of Cub said: 'We wish to report net income $1.0 million during the three months ended March 31, 2019 and recorded $1.7 million in dividends from its eastern Ukraine investment. Kub-Gas successfully maintained deliverability of over 14 million cubic feet per day during the first quarter of 2019. In western Ukraine, preparatory works are underway for the first three wells on the jointly owned Uzhgorod license, expected to be drilled this year. All three wells are to be financed 100% by our partner. '
- The Company reported net income of $1.0 million or $0.00 per share during the three months March 31, 2019 as compared to net income of $0.8 million or $0.00 per share during the same period in 2018.
- Netbacks of $24.49/boe or $4.08/Mcfe were achieved for the three months March 31, 2019 as compared to netback of $25.93/Boe or $4.32/Mcfe for the comparative 2018 period.
- The Company recorded $1.7 million in dividends during the three months March 31, 2019 compared with $1.0 million in dividends in the first quarter of 2018.
- Kub-Gas recompleted the Olgovskoye-7 ('O-7') well during 2019 and it is currently being tested.
- Achieved average natural gas price of $7.11/Mcf and condensate price of $42.57/bbl during the three months March 31, 2019 as compared to $7.16/Mcf and $60.60/bbl for the first quarter of 2018.
- Production averaged 895 boe/d (97% weighted to natural gas and the remaining to condensate) for the three months March 31, 2019 as compared to 837 boe/d for the 2018 first quarter.
- The Company and its partner plan to drill a three-well exploration program at Uzhgorod in mid 2019, dependent on timing of permitting and weather conditions. To date, the long-lead items for drilling have been delivered and road construction to the drill pads has commenced. The costs for the first three wells are financed 100% by our partner.
|(in thousands of US Dollars)|| |
Three Months Ended
March 31, 2019
Three Months Ended
March 31, 2018
|Petroleum and natural gas revenue|| |
|Pro-rata petroleum and natural gas revenue(1)|| |
|Revenue from gas trading(2)|| |
|Net income|| |
|Income per share - basic and diluted|| |
|Funds generated from operations(3)|| |
|Capital expenditures(4)|| |
|Pro-rata capital expenditures(4)|| |
|Pro-rata netback ($/boe)|| |
|Pro-rata netback ($Mcfe)|| |
| || || |
| || |
|Working capital|| |
|Cash and cash equivalents|| |
|Long-term debt|| |
- Pro-rata petroleum and natural gas revenue is a non-IFRS measure that adds the Company's petroleum and natural gas revenue earned in the respective periods to the Company's 35% equity share of the KUB-Gas natural gas sales that the Company has an economic interest in.
- During the three months and three months March 31, 2019, the Company recorded $4,479,000 (2018 - $5,670,000) and in revenue for gas trading and $4,240,000 (2018 - $5,516,000) for the cost of the sales for a net profit from gas trading of $239,000 (2018 - $154,000).
- Funds from operations is a non-IFRS measure and is defined as cash flow from operating activities, excluding changes in non-cash working capital.
- Capital expenditures includes the purchase of property, plant and equipment and the purchase of exploration and evaluation assets. Pro-rata capital expenditures are a non-IFRS measure that adds the Company's capital expenditures in the respective periods to the Company's 35% equity share of the KUB-Gas and 50% equity share of CNG Holdings capital expenditures that the Company has an economic interest in.
In eastern Ukraine, Kub-Gas is focused on additional recompletion operations given the success of the O-3 and O-9 recompletions in 2018. The O-7 recompletion was performed in 2019 and is awaiting testing. Three other recompletion opportunities are in the permitting phase. Kub-Gas may drill one additional well in late 2019 on the Makeevskoye Licence and kickoff a 3D seismic program on the WO licence to delineate known structures found from 2D seismic.
In western Ukraine, the Company and its partner plan to start a three-well exploration program in the Uzhgorod license in mid 2019 on structures defined by 3D seismic. The three-well program is to be financed 100% by our partner.
Cub's complete quarterly reporting package, including the unaudited interim financial statements and associated Management's Discussion and Analysis, have been filed on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and has been posted on the Company's website at www.cubenergyinc.com.
About Cub Energy Inc.
Cub Energy Inc. (TSX-V: KUB) is an upstream oil and gas company, with a proven track record of exploration and production cost efficiency in Ukraine. The Company's strategy is to implement western technology and capital, combined with local expertise and ownership, to increase value in its undeveloped land base, creating and further building a portfolio of producing oil and gas assets within a high pricing environment.
For further information please contact us or visit our website: www.cubenergyinc.com
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Oil and Gas Equivalents
A barrel of oil equivalent ('boe') or units of natural gas equivalents ('Mcfe') is calculated using the conversion factor of 6 Mcf (thousand cubic feet) of natural gas being equivalent to one barrel of oil. A boe conversion ratio of 6 Mcf: 1 bbl (barrel) or a Mcfe conversion of 1bbl: 6 Mcf is, based on an energy equivalency conversion method primarily applicable at the burner tip and does not represent a value equivalency at the wellhead and is not based on either energy content or current prices. While the boe ratio is useful for comparative measures, it does not accurately reflect individual product values and might be misleading, particularly if used in isolation. As well, given that the value ratio, based on the current price of crude oil to natural gas, is significantly different from the 6:1 energy equivalency ratio, using a 6:1 conversion ratio may be misleading as an indication of value.
The disclosure in this press release is prepared in accordance with NI 51-101 standards. Test results are not necessarily indicative of long-term performance or of ultimate recovery. The test data contained herein is considered preliminary until full pressure transient analysis is complete.
With the current cash resources, negative working capital, suspension of the RK field, uncertainty surrounding the successful installation of the NRU, dividend restrictions, currency fluctuations, reliance on a limited number of customers, and impact on carrying values, the Company may not have sufficient cash to continue the exploration and development activities. These matters raise significant doubt about the ability of the Company to continue as a going concern and meet its obligations as they become due.
Except for statements of historical fact, this news release contains certain 'forward-looking information' within the meaning of applicable securities law. Forward-looking information is frequently characterized by words such as 'plan', 'expect', 'project', 'intend', 'believe', 'anticipate', 'estimate' and other similar words, or statements that certain events or conditions 'may' or 'will' occur. Cub believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking information are reasonable; however there can be no assurance those expectations will prove to be correct. We cannot guarantee future results, performance or achievements. Consequently, there is no representation that the actual results achieved will be the same, in whole or in part, as those set out in the forward-looking information.
Forward-looking information is based on the opinions and estimates of management at the date the statements are made, and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking information. Some of the risks and other factors that could cause the results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking information include, but are not limited to: general economic conditions in Ukraine, the Black Sea Region and globally; political unrest and security concerns in Ukraine including the recent introduction of Martial Law in the Company's operating regions,; industry conditions, including fluctuations in the prices of natural gas and foreign currency; governmental regulation of the natural gas industry, including environmental regulation; unanticipated operating events or performance which can reduce production or cause production to be shut in or delayed; failure to obtain industry partner and other fourth party consents and approvals, if and when required; competition for and/or inability to retain drilling rigs and other services; the availability of capital on acceptable terms; the need to obtain required approvals from regulatory authorities; stock market volatility; volatility in market prices for natural gas; liabilities inherent in natural gas operations; competition for, among other things, capital, acquisitions of reserves, undeveloped lands, skilled personnel and supplies; incorrect assessments of the value of acquisitions; geological, technical, drilling, processing and transportation problems; changes in tax laws and incentive programs relating to the natural gas industry; failure to realize the anticipated benefits of acquisitions and dispositions; and the other factors. Readers are cautioned that this list of risk factors should not be construed as exhaustive.
This cautionary statement expressly qualifies the forward-looking information contained in this news release. We undertake no duty to update any of the forward-looking information to conform such information to actual results or to changes in our expectations except as otherwise required by applicable securities legislation. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE: Cub Energy Inc.
View source version on accesswire.com: